UBU is a wonderful
organization run by an amazing organization dedicated to helping children
get off the streets and into the most incredible educational programs.
We are currently
looking for several Training Specialistspositions to be filled to help
champion the grant writing programs for UBU. The position is for a Development
Manager of Grant Writing. Below is some information on the position.
Under the general direction of the Operations Director,
Advancement Services, the Trainng specialists will perform a variety
of complex tasks in general areas of accounting.
The Training Specialist is a member of the nationwide donor database
project team and has a close working relationship with the Support Department
delivering technology training for staff through a variety of methods including
formal classroom training, end-user and technical professional orientations,
Web-based training, and other venues determined to be appropriate and effective
for meeting the skills development requirements for the implementation
and ongoing use of a nationwide donor database system.
The Training Specialist serves as an advisor, collaborator, hands-on
training developer and
trainer as required by the project requirements.
• Determines new courses and delivery methods to most effectively promote
knowledge and skills necessary to integrate the new system into day-to-day
• Evaluates training effectiveness and impacts to individual and organizational
• Coordinates "train the trainer" activities and actively participates
with system user group.
• Delivers technology-specific training on the software suite and collaborates
with staff at
all levels to develop and deliver integrated business functions and
• The Training Specialist will oversee logistical support for training
initiatives and produce
supplemental training documentation as appropriate.
• Performs light maintenance on Computer Based Training (CBT) and other
• Manages vendor relationship for ongoing course development.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 4-5 years' experience designing
implementing training programs, or an equivalent combination of education
• Strong facilitation skills required.
• Project-based experience in a nonprofit fund-raising environment
• A solid understanding of information technology (i.e., networks,
support), and proficiency with desktop automation tools, including
Microsoft Office, Adobe
Creative Suite and Macromedia Studio or experience with other CBT authoring
• Demonstrated experience in identifying the cause(s) of human performance
to the use of technology and defining and implementing training initiatives
in a national
• Proven ability to produce training courses, lesson plans, and training
Critical thinker with demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability