The About and Press Release pages have more detail including an audio recording of the reason behind the creation of UBU.
The construction funding was approved 12/28/12 through a philanthropic investment group. The World Trade Fund has been re-evaluating world currency and the funds will be released within 30 days of the process being completed (approximately 6/2013).
Suggested questions include:
- What made you decide to develop a school for kids at risk?
- How will the children be selected?
- Will it present a challenge to take them from the U.S.?
- Why is the school located in Belize?
- What makes UBU different than other high school programs?
- How will you select the teachers and counselors?
- When will the first classes launch?
- Will the students in Belize be involved in the school?
- I noticed you talk about the school being self-sustainable, how much of the school’s requirements will you be able to provide?
- You have an interesting program for seniors to be involved in your school, what is that all about?
- What type of fundraising will you be doing to support the operations costs?
- Do you have plans of adding additional school sites?
- How can people get involved with the school?
- How can we get in touch with you?