The About and Press Release pages have more detail including an audio recording of the reason behind the creation of UBU.
The construction funding was approved 12/28/12 through a philanthropic investment group. The World Trade Fund has been re-evaluating world currency and said the funds would be released within 30 days of the process being completed (approximately 6/2012).
The months turned into years and then I was introduced to an investment fund that would require a bit of time to mature but it will be more than worth the wait since it will expand our capacity from the one school to having one in more than 24 countries.
Suggested questions include:
- What made you decide to develop a school for kids at risk?
- How will the children be selected?
- Will it present a challenge to take them from the U.S.?
- Why is the school located in Belize?
- What makes UBU different than other high school programs?
- How will you select the teachers and counselors?
- When will the first classes launch?
- Will the students in Belize be involved in the school?
- I noticed you talk about the school being self-sustainable, how much of the school’s requirements will you be able to provide?
- You have an interesting program for seniors to be involved in your school, what is that all about?
- What type of fundraising will you be doing to support the operations costs?
- Do you have plans of adding additional school sites?
- How can people get involved with the school?
- How can we get in touch with you?